What high cholesterol medication has the LEAST side effects?

Every individual is different. Mevacor and Lipitor destroyed my muscles!!! the minute you have a problem walking, you know you are in trouble. Some people take it and never have problems, some take it and like myself have all kinds of problems. Just be aware of how you feel after you start taking whatever statin drug you take. My cholesterol has been 350 for years and I have not had a heart attack or any serious illness except the effects of what the drug did to me. Good luck to you! (the above is only my opinion)

Hi..
The specific choice of medication or combination of medications depends on various factors, including your individual risk factors, your age, your current health and possible side effects.
There are many different types of cholesterol-lowering drugs. Each one works differently and each has its own unique side effects

The drugs of first choice for elevated cholesterol are statins.but it has common side effects(nausea, diarrhea and constipation) too..

good luck.