What happens if you accidentally take two 12.5 mg ambien CR tablets. I almost did that one night?

you probably wouldnt overdose you would pass out and if you tried to stay awake you would start hallucinating kids are doing that now to get high on ambien

The doctor has prescribed me this dose for over 7 years. Medco fills it (after a pre-auth). I would NOT take the dose on purpose without the doctor knowing but if you have been taking the 12.5 for a while 2 will not bother you too much. Remember the more you take, the longer it takes to stop. It is taking me forever to taper off of this with the doctor's help.

If a person overdoses on Ambien CR, the symptoms can vary. Some reported symptoms include but are not limited to:

Excessive tiredness (somnolence); Light coma; Heart failure; Lung failure.

In rare cases, loss of life has been reported in people who overdosed on Ambien CR.

Please try to avoid overdosing on any med., take care, be well & safe.