What happens if I stop taking Seroquel suddenly?

I found this on the web:

"Although Seroquel is not likely to be abused, withdrawal symptoms are possible as the brain adjusts to a reduction in the medication. Symptoms can include nausea and vomiting, insomnia, and symptoms of bipolar disorder or schizophrenia. To prevent symptoms from occurring when withdrawing from Seroquel, your healthcare provider may gradually wean you off the drug, even if switching to a different medication."

http://www.drugs.com/pro/seroquel.html

Hope this helps

dosburn 3 Apr 2012

I am currently on Serequel. I dont have insurance,so its so expensive so I have to stop taking it.I have becime so depressed,alot worse than before I ever started taking it. I read some more about it,and I found out it can cause some really bad side affects,some of them permanent. Im gonna deal with not havibg it,cause its not worth the risk

itsmetoo2 3 Apr 2012

Try calling the company that makes it... AstraZeneca in the U.S. at 1-800-236-9933, Monday through Friday 8am - 6pm ET, excluding holidays
They may help you afford this medicine.