What foods should I eat to increase my iron level in my blood?

I had to raise my iron level before surgery raisins have iron dark green leafy veggies spinich is a good one, you can also take a supplement which is not very costly does leave a bad taste in your mouth and will darken your stools. not sure but maybe almonds if I can find my notes on what I ate I will post it. hope it helps!!

123.toomany,
I have the same problem sometimes because I don't always eat right. When I know I'm going to donate blood, I usually will eat a lot of chicken livers (I know it sounds gross, but I love 'em fried) and clams or oysters. They each contain a lot of iron.