What does promethazine show up as on a drug test?

Promethazine could give a false positive result for an amphetamine.

Promethazine in my experience has never showed on a drug screen (UA) as anything. It is a phenothiazine, used for nausea, and some allergy symptoms, as well as motion sickness. I take it and take random Urine Analyses at my Methadone clinic and on probation, and it does not show. It isn't a controlled substance or a narcotic either. However, it does enhance certain medications like Benzodiazepines and opiates. Everyone has different reactions to medications, so you never know, and I have had false readings on UAs.
*****I am not a healthcare professional and the information I have stated is based on personal experience alone.*****

I take drug screens 9 panel for probation and yes phenegan/promethazine does show up because my probation officer tripped out when i didnt write it down as med I was on b/c my screen came back positive do to taking it. I am not sure what it came back as though

187Moe 9 Mar 2012

I imagine you did test positive if you took phenergan/promethazine because thats the the one with Codeine in it. Thats the syrup that people abuse and illegally sell on the street for over $40 an ounce. Most drug tests screen for Codeine. I've never heard of a drug test for Promethazine though.

cassiedugger 6 May 2012

The promethazine you MOST LIKELY took was the one with codeine in it, because phenergan does NOT show up on a drug test. I was just drug tested by my suboxone doctor, and had taken the pill (phenergan/promethazine) and it did NOT show up.