What caused the pain and restless legs about 6 days after startingpravachol pravastatin sodium 40mg?

Pravachol (Pravastatin sodium) causes side effects, the most common are:

Fatigue -- up to 3.8%
Muscle pain, known medically as myalgia -- up to 2.7%

Most people who have muscle pain while on Pravachol have no other muscle symptoms. However, in rare cases (less than 0.1 percent), people can develop a serious problem with their muscles while taking the drug, and muscle pain can be one of the symptoms. Two serious muscle problems that are rarely seen in people taking Pravachol are myopathy and rhabdomyolysis. Rhabdomyolysis is serious because it can cause muscles to break down, which can ultimately lead to acute kidney failure. In some cases, this can result in loss of life.

If you develop muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness while on Pravachol (especially if you also have a fever or feel ill).

It is recommended to seek medical attention & perhaps ask your doc/pharmacist to prescribe an alternate.

myopathy is a very very common problem with statins
switch over to another or take CoQ 10 alongwith statin.