What can you do if your medication is stolen and it is a controlled substance?

Anonymous

angela27. welcome to the site, first, i wanna say that what im about to say is the truth of how we on narcotic medication is on. the whole situation woould be on how often do you get the refills for your medications, what it is, and how much you take a day. also has there been problems with your medication running out early due to you taking more then priscribed? im just trying to throw out some suggestions to you, only becaue there aree a hu number patients who are on pain managemetn, even having to refill early at times. it also all depends on your relationship with your dr, the lenghth of time on it, and also has this happened before? i only am asking ths because many patients, who abuse these pain mediation and will give any story for an early refill. again im not saying this is what your doing, just saying what it can be looked at. hang in there

First of all, you should file a police report. Once you file a police report then let your Dr know what happened. He may or may not authorize an early fill. As the poster above says, it depends on your Dr, and what your habits have been. Filing a police report helps to back your claim that, yes indeed, your meds were stolen. I know my Drs will NOT even think about replacing meds without a police report.

DzooBaby 24 Jan 2012

You may also want to consider getting a lock box for your future meds so that this doesnt happen again.

Anonymous 24 Jan 2012

And if you know who did it, keep them away from your home! Mary