I am 44 years old and have been taking Levoxyl for about 3-4 years. I had a great head of hair and now I'm so thin on top!! The whole front part of my head can get sunburned if I don't wear a hat! I told my doctor about it and she said it wasn't the levoxyl.

I never had hair loss before taking this and now I can't get it to stop. Does anyone know if hair will grow back after taking this med? I am trying the Great Value brand of rogaine from Walmart because I am desperate to get my hair back. I ran out of meds before I could get back to my dr, but because of the hair loss, decided not to get back on them. I have now been off levoxyl for about a month and so far have not seen or felt anything significant.

I've noticed that I have memory issues too. I work in an elementary school and we have over 500 kids. I know their names well, but look at one and draw a blank even though I KNOW I know the child's name! During a conversation, I will think one thing and say something else. I feel like a real idiot! I have also been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my lower back (lots of "catching" pains there). I didn't realize this may be a side effect (joint pain) until I read posts of others.

In reading these posts, I have found that many of you have experienced some of the same problems that I have. So my biggest questions are:

1. What problems will happen (in the long run) by going cold turkey off of levoxyl?

2. Is there any chance that my hair will restore itself?

Thank you in advance for any help/advice. I greatly appreciate your input!