What are your views on Wellbutrin XL ?

I took Wellbutrin XL for depression, and it worked well for that. However, I also suffer severe anxiety (Panic Disorder, Agoraphobia, GAD, Social Anxiety, etc.), and I found Wellbutrin made my anxiety worse. For me, it also screwed up my menstrual cycle (I was also taking Yaz, and got breakthrough bleeding almost every month when I was also taking Wellbutrin XL).

Everyone is different, the above is just my personal experience. Wellbutrin XL also gave me terrible insomnia, but my psychiatrist insisted I take the XL version instead of SR, and waived off my complaints of insomnia (he just upped my Klonopin to 2mg at night, and kept Xanax at 1-2 2mg tablets per day PRN for panic attacks).

i took wellbutrin 200mg for depression since march. i added sertraline and things were going well until i had a seizure which was caused by the wellbutrin. so just beware

Hey divaa_xo,

I have found it to be a great adjunct to my other antidepressant. It has increased my ability to concentrate with little side effects. I take it first thing in the morning and have had no problems with insomnia. One nice thing about the XL is it only has to be taken once a day. I would recommend Wellbutrin XL.