What are various dosages of carvedilol?

Anonymous

Carvedilol is the generic name for Coreg. The dosages vary depending on the medical condition of the patient and the type of Coreg prescribed, *Coreg tablets or **Coreg CR (extended-release capsules). According to my PDR here are the various adult doses:

HYPERTENSION
*Coreg/Carvedilol: The recommended starting dose is 6.25 mg twice a day with food. The doctor may increase the dosage every 1 or 2 weeks to a maxium of 50 mg a day.
**Coreg CR: The recommended starting dose is 20 mg once daily in the morning with food. The doctor may increase the dosage every 1 or 2 weeks to a maximum of 80 mg once a day.