What are the side affects if drinking alcohol while taking cymbalta?

It says not to drink alcohol but I have a glass of wine every night. I don't know how much alcohol you are talking about I wouldn't get drunk or drink too many beers or too much hard liquer. Hope this helps

best to talk to a pharmacist about this. I know i can get drunk on zoloft and not have a problem but cymbalta is a whole different drug.

oh and a pharmacist told me (again this is JUST for zoloft) that its hard on your liver just like alcohol so this could be the same for cymbalta

i think it deepens the effects of the neuro system and may make you sleepy enough not to breath. i'm not a doctor but i do remember hearing that somewhere.

I've been on Cymbalta for over a year and it has really effected my use of alcohol. I used to be a moderate drinker before Cymbalta but now if I have more then 2 drinks I get incredibly woozy and start slurring. I basically have no tolerence. My friends have to babysit me if I go to a party. It's embarrassing. Alcohol makes me EXHAUSTED now. I pass out very easily. Haven't noticed much in terms of hangovers but then again I am no longer drinking enough to get me hungover!
Hope this helps!