What are the proved functions of metformin?

Metformin is a drug that is prescribed to treat type 2 diabetes. It works by decreasing the amount of sugar made by the liver and decreasing the amount of sugar absorbed into the body. As a result, metformin can help the body respond better to its own insulin and decrease blood sugar levels. As with any medication, there are potential side effects, such as diarrhea, nausea, and headaches. The medication is available in several forms, including a tablet form, two long-acting forms, and a liquid version.

However, for more info please do seek medical advice, take care, be well.

Best wishes!