20 Jul 2010
An Overview of Adderall Sexual Side Effects
Adderall (amphetamine and dextroamphetamine) is a prescription medication used to treat ADHD and narcolepsy. A long-acting version (Adderall XR) is also available for the treatment of ADHD. As with any medicines, Adderall has possible side effects. Some reported sexual side effects of Adderall include:
* Decreased sex drive (libido).
* Impotence is usually defined as a total inability to achieve an erection, an inconsistent ability to do so, or a tendency to sustain only brief erections. Ultimately, impotence is the repeated inability to get or keep an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse. Impotence is also known as erectile dysfunction (or ED for short).
Based on data from clinical studies, these sexual side effects have been reported infrequently.
- Adderall Information for Consumers
- Adderall Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Adderall (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
2 answers • 26 Feb 2011
My son took Adderall between 13 and 16 yrs old, he said he experienced sexual urges that he had a hard time controlling. Could that be possible?
1 answer • 13 Apr 2015
I have just started taking Latuda. I am not too nervous about side effects because I hear many positive things about Latuda and about its side ...
2 answers • 24 Sep 2015
I was diagnosed bi polar about 8 months ago and began receiving treatment. My medications have varied but one constant has been my lowered sex drive ...
3 answers • 21 Oct 2015