What are conditions that danazol is taken to males?

Anonymous

Well first of the uses of this medication is a synthetic hormone. It is used to treat pain and infertility caused by endometriosis, a condition involving the tissue of the uterus. It is also used in the treatment of cysts or lumps in the breast or may be prescribed for heavy menstrual flow.
By the way this medication is for women.

sword1980 13 Jul 2010

Thank you for these informations but i know doctor prescribed danazol for male so i asked about conditions of using danazol for male

Danazol (DANOCRINE) is indicated for the prevention of attacks of angioedema of all types (cutaneous, abdominal, laryngeal) in males and females.

Hereditary Angioedema: The dosage requirements for continuous treatment of hereditary angioedema with Danazol (DANOCRINE) should be individualized on the basis of the clinical response of the patient. It is recommended that the patient be started on 200 mg, two or three times a day. After a favorable initial response is obtained in terms of prevention of episodes of edematous attacks, the proper continuing dosage should be determined by decreasing the dosage by 50% or less at intervals of one to three months or longer if frequency of attacks prior to treatment dictates. If an attack occurs, the daily dosage may be increased by up to 200 mg. During the dose adjusting phase, close monitoring of the patient’s response is indicated, particularly if the patient has a history of airway involvement.

However please do confirm for accurate information from your doc/pharmacist who prescribed the med., hope this helps?

sword1980 13 Jul 2010

Thanks a lot

Rajive Goel 14 Jul 2010

Most welcome!