What about weight gain on the Vivelle-dot compared to Premarin?

In general, clinical studies have shown that Premarin and Vivelle-dot probably do not cause weight gain. Although women taking the medicines often gain weight, it appears that this weight gain is probably not caused by the medication. In several studies, there were no significant differences in weight gain between women who took Premarin or Vivelle-dot and those who did not. While it may be easy to blame weight gain on Premarin or Vivelle-dot, the real causes of such weight gain are probably due to a poor diet, inactivity, and other factors.