I have been on Wellbutrin XL 150 mg for nearly 3 months. I get the best results out of it in terms of activity level and energy when I don't take sleep aids at night, but otherwise I don't sleep when I don't take sleep aids. I have tried 0.25 mg of Klonopin (3 weeks) and 12.5 mg of Trazodone (5 weeks) and 1 mg of melatonin (for a month) I got the best mental effects out of Klonopin if I had to choose between the 3, but it has caused me bloating and weight gain. Trazodone had desirable effects of weight loss. Melatonin was the worst out of the 3.
I really don't want to take any medication - in this case is there a chance of my body adjusting to the medication and eventually I won't have any insomnia? how long would that take on average? and if I have to take medication, is there a good alternative that won't take away from that wonderful refreshing alerting effect that Wellbutrin gives me and won't cause me weight gain?