Vytorin - Can I drink GRAPEFRUIT JUICE while taking this medication ?

You probably should avoid drinking grapefruit juice (and eating grapefruit containing products like marmalade).This is because certain chemicals that grapefruit products contain can interfere with the enzymes that break down (metabolize) Vytorin in your digestive system. As a result, more medication stays in your body. This can increase the potency of your medication to potentially dangerous levels, causing serious side effects.