Vicodin makes me very hyper. Why? So does Benadryl?

Vicodin can give your "feel good" endorphins a little kick. Some people, it puts them right to sleep. I guess it depends on an individuals brain chemistry and wiring. If you can take half at a time, say about 2 hours apart, it may decrease this hyperactivity. Hope this helped you. Good luck and try to relax :)

Boy this is weird I thought I was the only one who was wired on benadryl. It makes me race everywhere I just can't stop. Have you found any reason why yet I haven't. My doctors think I am crazy when I tell them it does the opposite of what it supposed to for me, it is supposed to make you tired not me I am miss speedy on it, if you find out anything let me know please and I will let you know too. I have been told by one doctor though this is a sign of an allergy to it I don't know I am still checking around though, o.k..

Yes --- I am the same way. I don't think I would like a drug that made me tired. I always assumed it was because the pain was gone so I would hurry up and get things done . The only time a 'downer' med worked for me was when I was in withdrawal and a xanax would work but I think because I was sick. My migraine meds (fiorinal) made me speedy also. I attributed that to the caffeine but I think alot of people are like that so don't feel alone. I think we are lukcy to get energy instead of the slows. Good luck. I have often wondered what a really speedy pill would do to me - probably a heart attack!!