Valsartan - Taking potassium citrate 1080 mlg 3x day, and Diovan 160. Should I be concerned?

There is an interaction between these two drugs which warns that taking valsartan and potassium citrate together may increase the risk of hyperkalemia (too much potassium in the blood.) If this combination has been prescribed by your doctor, you should be getting your potassium levels monitored.

You need to be aware of foods that contain potassium (see http://www.drugs.com/cg/potassium-content-of-foods-list.html) and make sure you do not use potassium-containing salt substitutes without consulting your doctor.

See your doctor if you experience symptoms of hyperkalemia such as weakness, irregular heartbeat, confusion, tingling of the extremities, or feelings of heaviness in the legs.