Underactive Thyroid - what happens to me if I stop taking my medication for a whole month?

You go back to having all the symptoms you had before you started the medication. Why would you do that?

Get more hypo and not feel well that is for sure!
Smileyhappy

Did your doctor order this? I have been off for a month under my doctors guidance, although I no longer have a thyroid, to reset my response for dosing. Indeed, by the end of the month you will have all the symptoms. Then you restart with a new med, etc. and slowly get back to a normal range. However, do not do this without a doctor's guidance. Depending n the rest of your health, you could have very difficult problems.

Your heart can slow down-and even stop-because your metabolism is slowed down. In Grants, NM 3 women died because of this in 6 weeks-They were healthy active-and didn't have dry skin- their hair wasn't falling out-but the state medical examiner found they had hypothyroid. My doctor finally looked at my dry skin and thinning hair and did a thyroid scan. We're all curious- Why would you stop taking thyroid for a month? Usually an adjustment comes from taking very small daily doses, so the body doesn't go into shock and develop heart problems. Also your blood pressure could drop greatly and cause fainting and circulation problems.