Tylenol - how long does it take for tylenol taken for arthritis to destroy the liver?

Hi i think the phrase 'destroying the liver' is a bit of a harsh expectation, this drug can be dangerous but it really does depend on the individual that is taking the medication as to how much harm it can do. I have listed a few guidelines and warnings below, and how you answer these will indicate how much damage you should expect to your liver;

Do not use this medication without first talking to your doctor if you drink more than three alcoholic beverages per day or if you have had alcoholic liver disease (cirrhosis). You may not be able to use Tylenol.
Before using Tylenol, tell your doctor if you have liver disease or a history of alcoholism.

dawn47 2 Aug 2010

Hi Delila, No your answer did not help me at all . try again. i need to have a time period about how long it takes for tylenol for arthritis to destroy a person's liver?the way i typed the question is how the person asked me.

Delila 3 Aug 2010

So your asking for how long a period of time you can take tylenol (for arthritis) before it causes irreparable damage to your liver?
I understood the question, and was trying to point out that it depends on the persons current state of health and lifestyle as the length of time can very greatly, not just due to having arthritis. If they drink alcohol, if they take other meds, their age, their physical fitness levels, how long they have ben taking tylenol and the strength they are taking? It would be impossible to answer without this information, if at all unless you were consulting a professional. I would advise you to talk to a Dr of A+E if you think this medication could pose a serious risk to this persons health