Tylenol with Codeine 3 - difference between oxycodone and hydrocodone?

Anonymous

1.-Tylenol with Codeine #3 is used in the treatment of pain; cough; osteoarthritis and belongs to the drug class narcotic analgesic combinations.

http://www.drugs.com/mtm/tylenol-with-codeine-3.html

2.-Oxycodone is used in the treatment of pain; chronic pain and belongs to the drug class narcotic analgesics.

http://www.drugs.com/oxycodone.html

3.-Acetaminophen/hydrocodone is used in the treatment of pain; back pain; cough; rheumatoid arthritis and belongs to the drug class narcotic analgesic combinations.

http://www.drugs.com/acetaminophen_hydrocodone.html

Take care,

maso.-

maso has given a great answer.
I'll boil it down to one sentence; hydrocodone has tylenol in it, oxycodone does not, it is narcotic ONLY.
Best wishes,
Lara

Hi pal!

Anonymous 2 Dec 2012

Hey buddy!OLO

tylenol with Codeine #3 is basically just tylenol with the narcotic Codeine in it and it can come in different strengths. Codeine is actually a natural opiate. Oxycodone can come with tylenol too and that is Percocet, endocet, Roxicet, and a few other names that I can't remember right now, Oxycodone is actually a synthetic opiate, but it still comes from Opium. Hydrocodone also comes with Tylenol and the brand name is Vicodin and it too is a Synthetic. bottom line is they are all narcotic pain meds and they can be used to treat other conditions. I do know that some people who are allergic to codeine, Myself included, can often take Oxycodone and Hydrocodone with no problems. Hope this helps!

hfiscus1989 28 Aug 2014

I am allergic to hydrocodone or any derivative of it. It make me super sick and causes me to puke A LOT! So the drs tried the Percocet/ oxycodone and I don't get sick from it. It has to do with the different ways they process them that cause my reaction the dr said

smmagee007 7 Nov 2014

tylenol gives me horrendous bloating & gas; contrary to other answers, hydrocone IS available without tylenol as that's what i was prescribed when i complained about the effects of the tylenol