Tylenol with Codeine 3 - difference between oxycodone and hydrocodone?

Anonymous

1.-Tylenol with Codeine #3 is used in the treatment of pain; cough; osteoarthritis and belongs to the drug class narcotic analgesic combinations.

http://www.drugs.com/mtm/tylenol-with-codeine-3.html

2.-Oxycodone is used in the treatment of pain; chronic pain and belongs to the drug class narcotic analgesics.

http://www.drugs.com/oxycodone.html

3.-Acetaminophen/hydrocodone is used in the treatment of pain; back pain; cough; rheumatoid arthritis and belongs to the drug class narcotic analgesic combinations.

http://www.drugs.com/acetaminophen_hydrocodone.html

Take care,

maso.-

maso has given a great answer.
I'll boil it down to one sentence; hydrocodone has tylenol in it, oxycodone does not, it is narcotic ONLY.
Best wishes,
Lara

Hi pal!

Anonymous 2 Dec 2012

Hey buddy!OLO

pattie gordon 20 Apr 2015

You are wrong. Perks are usually percribed with Ty in it. But you can also get Perks without the Ty in it too . I take 5mg Perks/325 Ty. So to say Perks only have Oxycodone in it no Ty has no idea what they are talking about. Also. You have to take 1.5. #4 pills to = 1- 5mg /325 perks

tylenol with Codeine #3 is basically just tylenol with the narcotic Codeine in it and it can come in different strengths. Codeine is actually a natural opiate. Oxycodone can come with tylenol too and that is Percocet, endocet, Roxicet, and a few other names that I can't remember right now, Oxycodone is actually a synthetic opiate, but it still comes from Opium. Hydrocodone also comes with Tylenol and the brand name is Vicodin and it too is a Synthetic. bottom line is they are all narcotic pain meds and they can be used to treat other conditions. I do know that some people who are allergic to codeine, Myself included, can often take Oxycodone and Hydrocodone with no problems. Hope this helps!

hfiscus1989 28 Aug 2014

I am allergic to hydrocodone or any derivative of it. It make me super sick and causes me to puke A LOT! So the drs tried the Percocet/ oxycodone and I don't get sick from it. It has to do with the different ways they process them that cause my reaction the dr said

smmagee007 7 Nov 2014

tylenol gives me horrendous bloating & gas; contrary to other answers, hydrocone IS available without tylenol as that's what i was prescribed when i complained about the effects of the tylenol