Trying to find out more info about L-trytophan... Had tried 5htp while I was going down from Opana's to Methadone - MY DECISION; I refused to take more - had been on it since it first came out... Went down 75% - as methadone is 1/2 the strength of Opana's - ER & IR. Now down to 2 meds - Methadone & Xanax!

But Endocrinologist gave me 5htp and I had all sorts of problems - from paranoia, anxiety, panic attacks and HELL... Been off it for almost 60 straight hours. Want to know if L-trytophan may help me - it's been almost 2 months since I went from Opana's and my mind is JUST starting to work aqain.. barely - since I've stopped the 5HTP! I'm sorely lacking in serotonin and NO SSRI'S FOR ME; tried every 1; 2-3 times for anxiety and pain help - too many side effects and had to stop every one! Don't want St. John's Wort Either (read it can make U anxious-OR ANYTHING I HAVE TO TAPER OFF OF.)..Can't believe Endo gave me 5HTP w/no explanation; was so out of it I just got my blood work and left thinking it was another Omega type thing..

Anyway, would L-trytophan help me w/getting back up to "normal"?? Finally thinking clearly; don't like feeling sedated - just want to be calm, and feel better without this feeling like I'M GOING TO EXPLODE - W/VERY LITTLE SLEEP after 55 hours...

Health Store recommended L-trytophan - Endo said it would be okay.. BUT WOULD I HAVE TO TAPER OFF THAT TOO? If YES, then I'll just stick to drinking gallons of herbal teas and not sleep for a couple weeks...

Only have 1 adrenal gland and Hashimoto's - where thyroid goes from LOW to HIGH - so Endo very concerned about STRESS! Weigh about 150 pounds; female-Health Food Store has Pharmaceutical grade L-trytophan in 500 mg capsules... THINK IT WOULD WORK? WOULD I HAVE TO TAPER?

Sorry for the long winded story-wanted U to know background..MUCH THANKS AND HOPE I CAN HELP U SOME DAY... PASS IT ON... XO