Tramadol - is tremadol a anti inflamitory?

No. Tramadol is an opioid to most people. Its not offically in the opioid class but it acts on some opioid receptors in the brain. Its one of the weakest opioid there is but it will still relive pain. It weakly binds with the M-1 and M-2 receptors if I remember correctly. That makes it a pain killer by most standards.

Anti-inflamitorys:
ibuprofen
acetaminophen

Opioids:
Morphine
Codeine
*Tramadol*

Hope this helped!
~skater1215

Anonymous 19 Jan 2011

Hi
Trams also have SNRI qualities to them. If you are taking an antidepressant this could be potentially hazardous to your well being. Serotonin syndrome is a possibility.
Best wishes,

christineATU 19 Jan 2011

Hi skater. Although trams are not officially a controlled substance (yet) they are indeed in the opioid class.

"Tramadol is used to relieve moderate to moderately severe pain, including pain after surgery. The extended-release or long-acting tablets are used for chronic ongoing pain.

Tramadol belongs to the group of medicines called opioid analgesics. It acts in the central nervous system (CNS) to relieve pain. When tramadol is used for a long time, it may become habit-forming (causing mental or physical dependence). Physical dependence may lead to side effects when you stop taking the medicine".