Toprol-XL - can I drink beer when taking toprol?

Hi Chill 233,
I mean you can do whatever you want but I should caution you to not do anything that you would have to concentrate doing. Driving, operating any type of heavy equipment and anything that has to do with power tools. Toprol is a Beta Blocker which can to some create dizziness and fatigue as well as head and vision blurring. Now add any type of liquor which can have the same affects on there own and you now have double the trouble.
It's something you want to be very careful about. Now aside from the side affects anytime you mix drugs/medications with any other type of substance it can be a very risky proposition to ones health.
Think smart.

marjorie zych 4 Jun 2010

So true wittylorrie, I would not suggest drinking while on any type of blood pressure or heart meds. Alcohol doesn't react good with these medicines. Please be careful. Not trying to preach, just concerned with the mixture of the two. marjorie zych

Rajive Goel 4 Jun 2010

Very right heart meds & alcohol were never friends, avoid as far as possible, I have paid the price by combining the heart meds alcohol.