Can tizanidine be used for anti-anxiety?

Yes it can.It is a mild muscle relaxant,that is short lived though.It is non addictive.But it is used in cases of mild anxiety,that is unrelated to anxiety disorders for the most part.

No, tizanidine is used in the treatment of muscle spasm; cluster headaches and belongs to the drug class skeletal muscle relaxants.

Read more at:

Click on the link (meds used in GAD):

I suggest you see a Psychiatrist to get you on the right meds.

Take care,

tejas129 7 Sep 2012

As I said in my response,which has not been approved yet,this medication IS used to treat some aniety issues.It is a muscle relaxant,yes, but is also used in treatment for mild anxiety. If you have been diagnosed with GAD, then this med will likely not work well.As suggested,see a Pdoc,as they know these types of meds better than a GP. I am assuming that the GP is the one who diagnosed,given the fact that they gave such a mild,short lasting medication

Anonymous 7 Sep 2012

Hi tejas129 and welcome to the site!

tejas129 7 Sep 2012

Thanks maso

Anonymous 7 Sep 2012

You are welcome tejas!