Hello, all!
I don't know if you remember, but last year I decided to (with doc's permission and overseeing) come off of my psychoactive medications. For reasons I can go into if you'd like to know later, I have gone off of both Invega and Cymbalta (the process was HELL)... and now, months after being free & clear of both meds, I am going down slowly off of the Klonopin. I need support in this and will no doubt have questions. Here are some off-hand:

I am on a very low dose of Klonopin and have been for 10 plus years. I take 2mg per day. 1mg in morning and 1mg at night.

You should know that I am ULTRA-sensitive to all medication changes so changing my 2mg is a HUGE deal.

I am now titrating down to 1/2 mg in the morning and 1mg at night, making the change only by 1/2 mg.

However, the 1st day I started this, by 5:00pm, I was feeling a bit wonky. I had irrational anger over something and just fell into a depression that night. I displayed signs of insomnia (which I had with both drugs I had gotten off of before) and became pretty suicidal that night.

I got through it. On my 2nd day, I just felt all-around sick and flu-like. I threw up in the morning, but got through it.

Now I have even MISSED doses of Klonopin in the morning on occasion and was mostly fine. But missing this 1/2mg dose in the morning totally messed me up.

Do you think it's placebo-effect? Is there any way I could have felt that much of a difference in 8 hours?

Anyway, I'm very nervous about going down and eventually off of Klonopin because I have been on it for 10 plus years. I read that people aren't usually on it for more than 9 months or something like that.

So you know, I am also on Buproprion (100mg) and Tri-Nessa (birth control).

I look forward to talking with you. Thank you for listening to me.

Lastly, I want to assure you that, like last year, I AM doing this with my doc's approval and supervision. However, given last year's fiasco with her lack of knowledge about the true nature of Cymbalta withdrawal, she makes me rather nervous.

thanks!