Tapering Regimen - What is the best way to taper off tylenol with codeine #4?

How many pills per day are you taking? And how long have you been on this?
This info. Will help to answer your question?

2annyhc2 14 Mar 2013

Hi BellaDay, I have been taking Tylenol #4 for about 15 years and gradually increased to approx. 18 per day. Since January have been gradually cutting back. I'm down to 5 a day now which is great for me, however I seem to be stuck here and I'm afraid that I will start increasing the amount again. Any suggestions?

Hi 2anny,
Sorry I didn't notice your question until now. Perhaps you're farther along the path. You've done well to get yourself down to fewer tablets, but don't kid yourself-the worst can lie ahead kicking a narcotic painkiller. I hope you can talk to an MD, be honest about your past abuse history, what you're taking now and get some support. I understand some docs are prescribing patches with success. I congratulate you for your courage and wish you luck. Please keep us posted.
4N Substances