Tamsulosin 4mg was started by my aged father on 08/28/09. How long is acclimation?

Tamsulosin can cause dizziness - especially when getting up from a sitting or lying position. How long this effect lasts, or how severe, depends on the individual patient. Taking tamsulosin at night can reduce the impact of these side effects. Extra care is needed if your father needs to get up in the night to use the bathroom.

From http://www.drugs.com/mtm/tamsulosin.html
Tamsulosin can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert. You may feel dizzy when getting up from a sitting or lying position. Avoid standing up too quickly to keep from falling. Get up slowly and steady yourself to prevent a fall. Avoid drinking alcohol. It may increase dizziness caused by tamsulosin.