I am 24, almost 25 years old and recently married. I recently had to go for a physical, where I shared with my doctor that I felt I had put on some weight and that I had been dieting and exercising ( I am a pretty healthy person overall) prior to my wedding and had not been able to lose weight. I was frustrated. He ended up checking my thyroid through a blood test and I received a phone call the next morning that my levels were WAY OFF!! THe nurse told me that my one level, I believe it is the TSH level from everything I've read is supposed to be between 0.2 and 4.2 and that mine was 127!! So, the doctor started me on Synthroid obviously - he started me on 50mcg for 7 days and then 100mcg until my next appointment which is scheduled for August 11.

I was just curious if anyone can tell me how bad my level is and what could be causing it to be so out of whack. I am also wondering what kinds of things I can expect to happen now that I am on this medication. I've noticed the past few days, I have been EXTREMELY tired to the point where I feel like I have lead in my legs and arms and I just need to sleep to get through the day. I am just now starting to feel a little better and like I actually have some energy back. Is this normal and just my body adjusting to such a huge change in hormone levels or should I be concerned?? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Michelle