... ago on the outer part of my right knee, to treat synovitis triggered by aggressive sport.
I experienced excruciating pain in the inner part of the knee, from the needle insertion during the Synvisc injection procedure, in spite of the local anesthesia. My ortho felt that a nerve end had accidently been touched by the tip of the needle during the procedure.
Rather than getting a relief, I am now in continuous stronger pain once this knee is in motion.
I am experiencing the following symptoms:
1- Strong pain and burning sensation in the inner side of the knee
2- Stiffness of the knee
3- Swelling of the knee
4- Worsened pain when squatting or bending the knee
5- Feeling of a misalignment of the knee
6- Instability of the knee
7- Occasional crakling of the knee
Please inform if all of the above symptoms can be attributed to the nerve having been accidently touched.
From my personal research I am inclined to believe that I am suffering a meniscus tear. Could the needle have torn the meniscus instead of the nerve?
Your opinion would be much appreciated.
Best regards,
M.V.

I had a Synvisc injection immediately after a synovial liquid extraction from my right knee ten days ago on the outer part of my right knee, to treat synovitis triggered by aggressive sport.
2- Stiffness of the knee
3- Swelling of the knee
6- Instability of the knee
7- Occasional crakling of the knee
Your opinion would be much appreciated.
Best regards,
M.V