Hola!

Long story short I've been on methadone for over a year and doing very well. I decided to deal with an old court case and my judge (who is apparently thinks she's a doctor as well) ordered me to get off methadone completely within six months. I"m terrified. I've been decreasing my dose as the clinic recommended (2mgs every 2 weeks) and I'm now at 74, but there's no way I'll make it down to the 20mgs or so I'd need to be at to go on suboxone in time to please Dr. Judge. I've got about 2 1/2 months left to go. I should've been going down faster but I was hoping to fight her decision... but thats not really medically relevant.

Back to the point, a girl told me she was switching to subutex, her doctor told her she wouldn't have any of the crazy withdrawals since there's no naltrexone. Does anyone know anything about this? Would I really be able to switch right from methadone to subutex without wanting to shoot myself in the face from the pain?? If the subutex thing isn't true, how long do you need to wait to take suboxone after methadone if you're NOT all the way down to 20mgs? My boyfriend waited five days and was in AGONY...

I'm seeing a light at the end of my long dark tunnel but I don't want to get my hopes up too much... Any response would be really, REALLY appreciated.

What a mess...

Lindsey