I stopped taking Amitiza, does anyone know how long it takes to leave your system?

It has a short half life. It should be out of your system in about 6 hrs.

May I ask why? I've been on it for a couple years. I swear it does NOTHING. I still have to take senna and I'm up to 12. I gave up on my GI docs. I am going to see an ND and start colonics. I'm literally carrying 15 pounds of waste in my colon. My GI docs say one thing, pain docs say another. I'm so bloated and distended, all the laxatives were making me throw up. It's been a nightmare. Wondering if you found something better. You can send me a PQ if you want. But I finally got so fed up and these Rx laxatives are toxic!!! Dying to hear your story which I hope is successful. Nothing worse!!! Best of luck. Really looking forward to hearing from you! Best!