I have just starting taking hyroxyzine 25 mg for anxiety, anyone know anything about it?

Anonymous

Hydroxylzine is the generic name for Atarax or vistaril, it is an antihistamine, kinda like Benadryl on steroids. It has anxiolytic properties and I used to take it for sleep. It's been around since before the earth's crust cooled. And quite effective.
Peace,
Sweet Hippie

Anonymous 17 Jun 2012

Excuse me, hydroxyzine is a CNS depressant used for anxiety and sleep. I misspelled the med. Everything else is true.

I have recently been put onHydroxyzine I take 25mg then 45 minutes later if I need it I take another 25mg at bedtime. After the second dose it usally takes me 10 minutes or less to fall asleep. I can't say I see a change in my anxiety though. My psy. Doc says she likes this instead of benzo's so I told her I was willing to give it a try. The only side effect I seem to have is craving sweets. Are you taking during the day or just at bedtime?

Anonymous

I have always been given the med for itching, as I am allergic to all adhesives. Never thought that it helped me for anxiety, though I have heard that it is used for that. Didn't even make me sleepy, although the itching was so bad, who could sleep???

Hi, simple answer, check out the info on Drugs.com http://www.drugs.com/hydroxyzine.html
You will always find concise and helpful information here. Hopefully you will get some more responses from people that have taken it/are taking it also?

antihistamine, yes; but also a GABA(a) agonist and is good for anything from nausea to atypical psychosis