Just started taking Ultram. I only took 1/2 of a 50 mg. tablet. Is that ok?

It's OK if that's what the prescribing Dr's instructions say to do. Typically a prescription will have instructions on the label telling the patient what the prescribing Dr ordered. Hope this helps.

It's OK as long as the tablet isn't a controlled/extended release version. As already stated, follow the prescription directions given to you. I wouldn't expect you to get much pain relief from just 25mg though?

PaulineL 19 May 2012

I have a difficult time taking meds. So I always start with half. It did help but now I must see if it's an extended relief. Thank you.

kaismama 19 May 2012

As a general rule they order the dose that is the therapeutic dose. If you want to take less, you should clear it with your doctor.

Anonymous

You didn't state what your pain problem is from or how long you have had it. I want you to read about Ultram or tramadol which is the generic name of this med. I am giving you the link below. Please read it carefully... Mary
http://www.drugs.com/tramadol.html

PaulineL 19 May 2012

Back pain for many many years. I checked with pharmacist--not an extended relief tablet, so it's ok to take half. I will eventually build up but it takes me a while. The 1/2 did help. Doctor told me to take every 4-6 hours, as needed. I have read the ultram website and others about it over and over. I just have a hard time with meds.