Started 10 mg generic prozac this morning have had bad headache and anxiety all day is this normal?

Anonymous

Fluoxetine Side Effects

Brand Names: Prozac Weekly, Sarafem, Selfemra

Please note - some side effects for Fluoxetine may not be reported. Always consult your doctor or healthcare specialist for medical advice. You may also report side effects to the FDA.

Side Effects of Fluoxetine - for the Consumer

Fluoxetine

All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome when using Fluoxetine:

Anxiety; decreased sexual desire or ability; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; flu-like symptoms (eg, fever, chills, muscle aches); increased sweating; loss of appetite; nausea; nervousness; runny nose; sore throat; stomach upset; trouble sleeping; weakness.

Yes, its normal at first. It will lessen in a few days.

Hello rabbithunter. Up to 21% of people taking Prozac experience headaches. Up to 15% of people using the drug experience anxiety. Regards pledge