Can I split a 5 mg pill of zolpidem in half? it is not the Cr kind?

If it is scored(has a slightly depressed line) down the middle it can be broken for sure. Otherwise its probably safe if its not a long acting pill. I would ask my pharmacist to be sure it was ok. Is the doc aware you want to decrease the dose?

melindamaria71 13 Jul 2012

no i just got the prescription and just wanted to take the least amount necessary

kaismama 13 Jul 2012

Usually with that medication, 5 mg is the least dose that works. I understand you're concern of overmedication the first time tho. If you could take half and then if it doesn't work you could take the other half, you'd feel better. I'd call the pharmacist and ask if it was ok to cut. Please read the info you got from the pharmacy with the prescription too.

melindamaria71 13 Jul 2012

ty for the response .. and yes i will def ask my pharmacist if its ok,,, to split the pill,,,