11 Aug 2009
Sodium Hypochlorite is used for:
Preventing and treating infection of the skin and tissue. It may also be used before and after surgery or to treat cuts, abrasions, and skin ulcers. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Sodium Hypochlorite is a topical antimicrobial. It works by killing sensitive bacteria.
Do NOT use Sodium Hypochlorite if:
* you are allergic to any ingredient in Sodium Hypochlorite or to chlorine compounds
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Sodium Hypochlorite :
Some medical conditions may interact with Sodium Hypochlorite . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
* if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
* if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
* if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Sodium Hypochlorite . However, no specific interactions with Sodium Hypochlorite are known at this time.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Sodium Hypochlorite may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
- Sodium Hypochlorite Information for Consumers
- Side Effects of Sodium Hypochlorite (detailed)< / span>
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
1 answer • 5 Sep 2009
I am taking Hydrochlorothorizaide for HBP, but recently, I was perscribed K-Phos Neutral because my?
... "phosphorous/potassium" level was below normal. Won't the HC cancel out the effects of the K-Phos? Next question: the K-Phos is so ...
0 answers • 25 Feb 2012
... swallowed the stuff and my throat burned and I couldn't breathe. Would this be a severe side effect I was having?
0 answers • 26 Apr 2014