Since lidex is a steriod does it work like a normal steriod with all the muscle building and stuff?

No. Lidex is a corticosteroid not an anabolic steroid.
Corticosteroids are used to treat inflammatory and allergic conditions.
Anabolic steroids are synthetic substances related to the male sex hormones (androgens). They promote growth of skeletal muscle and are used by athletes to boost strength and enhance physical performance (anabolic effect) and the development of male sexual characteristics (androgenic effects).
Confusion often results when corticosteroids are mistaken for anabolic steroids.
See also: http://www.drugs.com/mtm/lidex.html