Simvastatin - Can you stop taking a statin cold turkey? Yes or No?

Yes, you can stop taking a statin cold turkey. But I would urge you to let your doctor know before you stop taking it.

stop taking it right now. Statin can be quit at any time. It's not a steroid or any type of med that has withdrawal symptoms or does organ damage.
STATIN SHOULD BE ILLEGAL. FDA SAYS IF LEGS HURT TO CONTACT DOCTOR-LEGS FEEL HEAVY BEFORE THEY HURT. STATIN CAUSES KIDNEY AND CIRCULATORY DAMAGE. IF YOU HAVE HYPOTHYROID-YOU CAN END UP BEING IN A WHEEL CHAIR OR UNABLE TO WALK. I'VE HAD TO LEARN HOW TO WALK, ETC. MY JOINTS HURT, MY URINE CHANGED COLOR OVER NIGHT, I DON'T THINK THAT I WILL EVER RECOVER FROM STATINS. IT'S HARD TO GET A DOCTOR TO TAKE IT SERIOUSLY. STATIN HELPS ONLY ONE OUT OF A HUNDRED PEOPLE. AN ANTIBIOTIC THAT WORKED THAT WAY-DAMAGING THE HEALTH OF ABOUT 30% OF PATIENTS WHILE HEALING ONE PERSON WOULD BE PULLED OFF THE MARKET-IT'S NOT ABOUT HEALTH-IT'S ABOUT $$$. IF YOU WANT SOURCES-I CAN GIVE YOU SOME-THESE WARNINGS HAVE BEEN OUT SINCE 1997 BY THE FDA, AMA, NIH, AND OTHERS

Vogster 4 Jul 2015

Great. I have Hashimoto's - hypothyroid disease. And I have been on the crap for a year. In that year I've gained 5 pounds, muscle aches and pains and lower back of an old lady... I'm 55. I stopped last night and decided to ask whether I should taper off. I too believe the drug should be illegal.

i stopped Simvastatin but my angina has increased. Should I start it again?