Silver Sulfadiazine - can I used this for baby rash to the privates that burn when voiding?

Anonymous

Silver sulfadiazine (Silvadene Cream) is a commonly used to prevent and treat wound infections in people with second and third degree burns to their skin. It shouldn't be used to treat a baby with diaper rash. Try Desitin ointment or A&D ointment, which you can purchase at your local pharmacy. If your baby's rash get worse, please contact your pediatrician.

Anonymous 16 Oct 2009

Another reliable option is the old standby - Vaseline. Best of luck to you and baby.