What were your side effects if you drank while on metronidazole for bacterial vaginosis?

I have really tried not to answer you because I have a strong reaction to people who have to drink when on meds, but I have to do it. It is NEVER advisable to drink when on medication, but with this med you can get abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting and headache. Its best not to drink for at least a day after you stop it too.

This is one that will make you puke VIOLENTLY if you drink within 48 hours of taking it. Please do NOT drink, you will get very very sick on it, if you drink! Patti

Avoid alcoholic beverages while taking this medication and for at least 1 day (3 days if you are taking the oral capsules) after finishing this medicine because drinking alcohol may result in severe stomach upset/cramps, nausea, vomiting, headache and flushing. You will get really nasty sick if you drink while taking this medication-not might , WILL!