Im a 40 year old male.. I think my whole life I have been moody and slightly depressed. I started taking 150mg 2X a day exactly 2 weeks ago.

I started taking it because I was laid off from work almost a year ago. I am an ex offender (meaning I have a couple felonies on my record for stupid decision I made 6 yrs ago while addicted to street drugs), the reason I mention this is because Im hoping somebody can understand how depressing looking for work can be as a convicted felon. Im a good man, I never harmed anybody besides myself... ever! So after about 6 months of
being denied employment that I was qualified for, because of the results of background checks, I had slipped deep down into a very dark hole. I had this felling of "impending doom" that would not go away. For the first time in my life i decided if I didnt get help, I would be miserable forever!!!

finally, here`s my question. Are these side effects gonna last forever? The worst one being Insomnia. I went 13 nights in a row without more than 3 hours of sleep a night. Finally, i asked my doctor for something to help me sleep. 2mg of Clonazepam has done nothing to help with the insomnia. I feel like a zombie, I have no motivation to do anything. I can barely get out of the house. My hands are shaking like crazy, and I have lost any sex drive that I did have.

I want to stay on this drug because it immediately took away the feelings of impending doom. Im not sure I can handle this if its always gonna be like this. 99% of the reviews i have read are all POSITIVE. But, i cant seem to find one that talks about any SHORT TERM side effects. Please anybody that can offer me some experiences or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully

Sleepless in San Diego