I just started taking Pristiq 3 days ago. I have taken Lexapro and Prozac in the past, but both stopped working well for me after a year or so of taking them.

My Dr. recommended Pristiq and I am now on my 3rd dosage of 50mg/day. I have been taking Pristiq when I wake up, because my Dr. said that it may cause insomnia. However, if I continue to have the side affects I am experiencing, I may have to switch to taking it at night.

The main side effects that I am experiencing are fatigue and just feeling "loopy" during the day, accompanied with insomnia at night. I have also had a slight ongoing headache for the past 3 days. I am hoping that these side affects go away after a week or so, because although I am feeling a bit more optimistic, I can barely get up and go because of how loopy it is making me feel.

I am also ADHD and I have been prescribed to Adderall for over four years now. It has worked great for me. However, it seems as though my Adderall is not as effective now that I am taking Pristiq. (I know I have only been taking it for 3 days, so its difficult to determine if there is a correlation between the two or not)

Can anyone comment and let me know if they experienced similar side effects within the first few days of using this medication? Again, I am feeling slightly dizzy, "loopy" (for lack of a better word) and I have had a slight ongoing headache accompanied by fatigue during the day and insomnia at night.

Thanks!