Should you take vicoden with percocet?

Hey Series,

Taking vicodin with percocet is not going to cause an interaction, but you do run the risk of taking too much acetominophen in the two medications. Best to stick to one or the other depending on your pain levels. Percocet is a stronger pain reliever than the vicodin.

Best wishes,

Laurie

Series 23 Sep 2011

thank you Laurie.

Should you or can you? Well, no shouldn't, not unless a qualified doc told you to. If a doc told you to take both, you probably can. Unless the doc is jerk.

What you need to be aware of is that both pills contain Tylenol. Make sure you don't take too much Tylenol. You also need to know that the opiate in Percs is stronger than the one in the Vic.

Laurie is correct. Taking both could risk the intake of too much acetaminophen but it could also be profoundly sedating. Both drugs contain acetaminophen and an opioid pain reliever. Percocet has oxycodone and Vicodin has hydrocodone. Taking the too together could cause over sedation and respitory depression and even respiratory failure and death. So they could cause an interaction of over sedation and respiratory depression. It is not usually recommended that you take them together. You can take one or the other. If you take a Vicoden and find that it is not strong enough, you need to wait 4-6 hours, at least, before you can then take a Percocet. Dont take them together at the same time.