Should Niaspan be taken if a person has gout?

Anonymous

No you must not take this med if you have gout.

What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Niaspan?
Prior to taking this drug, tell your healthcare provider if you have:

Low blood counts, low platelet counts, or bleeding problems
Diabetes
Gallbladder disease or gallstones
Gout
Heart disease or history of heart attack
Kidney disease or kidney failure
Liver disease or liver failure
Low blood pressure or are taking medication to lower your blood pressure
Stomach or intestinal ulcers
An allergy to Niaspan, any other medications, foods, dyes (tartrazine), or preservatives.

I suggest you talk to your Doctor and find an alternative drug... from a caring individual

Anonymous

I would say NO
Important Safety Information and Uses You Should Know About
NIASPAN® (niacin extended-release tablets)
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION

Tell your health care provider if you have kidney problems, or a history of gout. NIASPAN may cause an increase in uric acid levels