I am so stressed out! I cannot let myself face the reality that I might seriously need to leave my drug addict husband. We have been married for 6 years and he got addicted to drugs (opiates) right after we got married. I was working as a bartender so we had opposite schedules. When I was working nights he was alone and bored. He started hanging out with this loser he used to hang with in high school. Anyway he got hooked on heroine. Not that it's a lot better but he always snorted it, never shot it.
Anyway I have chronic pain that I get oxycodone for and he would steal them from me too. I finally caught him 2 years into our marriage. He was in deep at this point and I knew nothing about addiction. I was raised by a good Catholic family who didn't have to fight these demons. I really had no idea what I was in for. It was a long hard fight that took 3 years, rehabs, detox, AA, NA, tears and heart break. Finally I thought it was over.
We got pregnant and had twin girls 12 months ago. I thought life was perfect. I was wrong.
I recently caught him using again. I kicked him out of the house and didnt let him see me or the girls for 10 days. He went through withdrawals, started going to meetings and started seeing a counselor. He struggled not seeing me or the girls and cried and apologized more then ever before. He came home 3 weeks ago.
He was still seeing his Theropist every week but slowly stopped going to meetings. Today I realized some of my pills were missing again. I confronted him and he lied. I told him he had 2 minutes to tell me the truth or he would never see us again. He came clean.
He said he can't do it cold turkey and needs Suboxone. It feels to me like substituting one drug for another. I don't know what to do. I told him if that's what he needs fine. I just can't take the lying anymore. He said ok and thanked me
For understanding.
I just literally just walked out of the house to look for something in my car and when I came in I caught him rummaging through my purse!!! WTF?!
Is it time to leave? I believe in marriage and love him. I don't want my kids growing up in a broken home, can he get better with Suboxone? Or am I delaying the inevitable? HELP