Should I be taking singulair and claritin are they the same and be making me so tired?

You can take them together. Singulair is Montelukast sodium which is a leukotriene receptor antagonist and Claritin is Loratidine which is a piperidine antihistamine. Although they generally have a lower incidence of drowsiness than typical antihistamines they can still cause drowsiness and fatigue which is probably a little more pronounced when taking them together. Speak to your Dr about the drowsiness and he may be able to adjust the dose.