Does Seroquel help you sleep?

Yes, Seroquel is used to help insomnia. It is an off label use but some people do find it helpful.

http://www.drugs.com/comments/quetiapine/seroquel.html

Hi, as Marvell has said, Seroquel can be used for aiding sleep. Its main use is as an anti-psychotic for use in people with Bipolar, BPD, etc. There is some controversy whether this type of medication should be used for sleep as it is a powerful medication. There is no doubt it has been successful for this reason though.

MsPooh 5 May 2015

After spouse's stroke we DID NOT SLEEP for 3 months. If it was supposed to have any property to induce sleep it was prescribed or tried without success. Then he tried Seroquel & blessed sleep finally came. He requires lots of water, but I can attest to the fact that one can not survive without sleep
Thank goodness for Seroquel!

Anonymous

Hello. I took Seroquel off label for sleeping and did so for several years. Regards pledge

For some it does, for others it generate weird dreams and night terrors. Hope this helps.

I have bipolar 2 disorder, along with ptsd and severe anxiety. I also suffer from horrible insomnia. Seroquel has been the ONLY medication that I have tried that not only helps me fall asleep, but also stay asleep. Good luck!

I have taken Seroquel for insomnia for several months now. Was happy to see it finally in generic form. I had tried several medications, both prescription and OTC, but they either did not work or had a bad side effect (Ambien CR). With Seroquel I go to sleep and stay asleep. It has been wonderful... until I just emailed a university doctor conducting a study on Seroquel for insomnia. He was glad to hear it worked for me but wondered if I had heard of metabolic syndrome. No, my dr never mentioned it nor have I been getting tested for it. So I just read up on it and am furious with my dr. I am borderline diabetic, continue to battle weight gain, am hypothyroid and am on pain and anti-anxiety medications for fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. If you choose to try Seroquel or it's generic version, educate yourself and be sure your dr monitors you for metobolic syndrome.