Does Seroquel help you sleep?

I have bipolar 2 disorder, along with ptsd and severe anxiety. I also suffer from horrible insomnia. Seroquel has been the ONLY medication that I have tried that not only helps me fall asleep, but also stay asleep. Good luck!

Anonymous

Hello. I took Seroquel off label for sleeping and did so for several years. Regards pledge

For some it does, for others it generate weird dreams and night terrors. Hope this helps.

I have taken Seroquel for insomnia for several months now. Was happy to see it finally in generic form. I had tried several medications, both prescription and OTC, but they either did not work or had a bad side effect (Ambien CR). With Seroquel I go to sleep and stay asleep. It has been wonderful... until I just emailed a university doctor conducting a study on Seroquel for insomnia. He was glad to hear it worked for me but wondered if I had heard of metabolic syndrome. No, my dr never mentioned it nor have I been getting tested for it. So I just read up on it and am furious with my dr. I am borderline diabetic, continue to battle weight gain, am hypothyroid and am on pain and anti-anxiety medications for fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. If you choose to try Seroquel or it's generic version, educate yourself and be sure your dr monitors you for metobolic syndrome.

Yes, Seroquel is used to help insomnia. It is an off label use but some people do find it helpful.

http://www.drugs.com/comments/quetiapine/seroquel.html

Hi, as Marvell has said, Seroquel can be used for aiding sleep. Its main use is as an anti-psychotic for use in people with Bipolar, BPD, etc. There is some controversy whether this type of medication should be used for sleep as it is a powerful medication. There is no doubt it has been successful for this reason though.

MsPooh 5 May 2015

After spouse's stroke we DID NOT SLEEP for 3 months. If it was supposed to have any property to induce sleep it was prescribed or tried without success. Then he tried Seroquel & blessed sleep finally came. He requires lots of water, but I can attest to the fact that one can not survive without sleep
Thank goodness for Seroquel!