Seroquel - on 800mg's a day.. Is this to much. 300 in am and 500 pm?

Is this plain Seroquel or Seroquel XR?

800mg is the highest dose recommended for Seroquel. The safety of doses above 800 mg/day has not been evaluated in clinical trials.

http://www.drugs.com/dosage/seroquel.html

dreamsaver321 25 Jan 2011

It plan Seoquel. I was on geodon before Seoquel. Geodon was way to strong for me and it made me manic after 4 months of taking it. I was on 160mgs a day.. So my dr took me of geodon and put me on a very low dose of Seoquel at 1st and she uppers it after awhile.. Thank you for anwering my ?.

for the plain seroquel the starting dose is 50mg increased gradually to a mainenance dose of 150-800mg a day. children ages 13-17 starting dose 50mg increased gradually to a maintenance dose of 400-800 mg daily the Xr dose to start is 300mg a day starting dose 50mg a day increased as needed to 150-300mg day but this comes from the site and please be sure and allow the doctor to advise you, what works with one person does not with another, sometimes doctors use other dosoes because they deal with humans and not the book so please discuss this with him just to be on the safe side I want you safe and wish you the very best

dreamsaver321 25 Jan 2011

When I 1st taking seroquel. I was on 25 mgs a day and she uppers it when she see's that my moods change. Last month and now I feel that I am alittle manic.I heard it take about 4 to 6 weeks until I level out. So I am hoping that is not to strong for me. So I hope this dosage will help me stay level.. Thank you for anwering my ?.

Sideffects2 25 Jan 2011

How do you feel? Each medication has a different dose but too much is harmful, just like too little doesn't help the situation. Seroquel is one where the numbers are high because it's low potency.
The best judge is how it's working for YOU.

I cannot know are you on the regular or entended release dosage? Marvell is correct 800mg is the most